Icicle builds Web & Mobile products for Startups, Brands, Digital Agencies and Enterprises, helping in bringing their ideas to life. More - www.icicletech.com
We create beautiful & engaging UX, clean Front-ends, scalable Applications and manage them on Cloud. We build products with a captive team of exceptional professionals working across time-zones.
Team consists of bright young designers, hackers, senior developers, startup specialists. Team is distributed, with offices in Mumbai, Bangalore and presence in Pune.
More - http://www.icicletech.com/careers
- Design, Architect, Develop & Release multiple products in Financial Domain
- Team size of about 20 with Development team of 6 - 8. Work with different stakeholders - Product Owners, Business Analysts, UX Designers & QA Team
- Work and directly responsible for the end-client, a Financial Major in US
- Get complete control of product with active involvement in deciding stack and architecture.
- You have to be experience with Ruby, Rails, and test driven development (strongly preferred)
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Scrum development/ agile methodology
- Some previous experience of guiding/ mentoring team members
- Working experience of refactoring code/ reverse engineering
- Manage, maintain and improve our product and its quality, optimization, scalability and automation.
- Understanding business requirements and translating these into highly optimized and scalable technical solutions in form of modules or extension of our core product and bug free integration of new/updated modules or codes into all running instances.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and advise solutions to these problems.
- This role requires a level of technical experience and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with core product development team as well as to make positive peers.
- Keeping up to date with the latest plans, developments and changes in the Rails world.
- You’re looking to be stimulated, solve hard problems, and work with smart people
- You are proactive and pay attention to the scalability, performance, availability and usability of our systems
- Knowledge in JS frameworks. E.g. Node, Angular, React
- Third party API experience
- Expertise in Test Driven Development & Continuous integration
- Working Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of version control system like Git
You Should Have
- Ambition to make things awesome, not just good enough.
- Extensive experience in Ruby and more languages as a bonus
- 7 years of hands-on development experience with Ruby on Rails with overall working experience of Technical Lead.
- Good understanding of Agile principles preferably using Scrum.
- Highly experienced in building Web Service enabled applications (SOAP and RESTful)
- Strong problem solving skills, should be able to research and understand an undocumented set up and application
- Experience of leading a technical team where mentoring skills have been used
- Open to working on other technologies like Node.js, Reactjs etc.
- Prior experience with test-driven development methodologies - used extensively for all products/projects
- Gained good knowledge of working with APIs and performance optimisation
- Value test-driven development, intelligent software design techniques and clean and clear coding style
- Have excellent communication skills
- Test and deliver solid, reliable code that meets all requirements.
- Develop reusable in-house standard elements, modules, and scripts.
- Discover and experiment with new technologies and share with the team.
- Development includes quickly prototyping new projects or project features or designs; updating and improving existing applications.
- Ability to work independently and with team.
Good to Have
- Participation in open source projects
- Actively involved in solving problems on Github, Stackoverflow.com and groups
- Passionate about blogging technical stuff
What you get
- Competitive salary with motivating performance bonus
- Great team with exciting projects, working directly with product owners based out in US.
- You will make a big impact on our product, specification and decision making
- Opportunity to work with big team of committed, talented people with a great sense of humor
So, if you have 7+ years of overall experience with good enough experience in developing in Ruby on Rails. Apply today!
We will love to talk! Please submit
- Your complete application with salary expectations
- Your GitHub ID
"Say Hello" and leave us your CV here.