Icicle builds Web & Mobile products for Startups, Brands, Digital Agencies and Enterprises, helping in bringing their ideas to life. More - www.icicletech.com
We create beautiful & engaging UX, clean Front-ends, scalable Applications and manage them on Cloud. We build products with a captive team of exceptional professionals working across time-zones.
Team consists of bright young designers, hackers, senior developers, startup specialists. Team is distributed, with offices in Mumbai, Bangalore and presence in Pune.
More - http://www.icicletech.com/careers
- Design, Architect, Develop & Release multiple products in Financial Domain
- Team size of about 20 with Development team of 6 - 8. Work with different stakeholders - Product Owners, Business Analysts, UX Designers & QA Team
- Work and directly responsible for the end-client, a Financial Major in US
- Get complete control of product with active involvement in deciding stack and architecture
- 5+ years of experience developing applications with Ruby on Rails including knowledge/experience with Test Driven Development approach (strongly preferred)
- Exhibit highest quality software engineering practices, always striving to improve and perfect our craft.
- You write clean code, automate and continuously deploy it
- Willingness to learn new skills and programming practices in the course of developing solutions that will improve our products and development flow.
- You’re looking to be stimulated, solve hard problems, and work with smart people
- You are proactive and pay attention to the security, scalability, performance, availability and usability of our systems
- You want to take ownership of quality and usability of your code. Ready to revisit your own code and improve it.
- You love to participate in DevOps tasks, design reviews, writing stories, test cases, coding modules, code reviews, unit testing and automated acceptance testing.
- You might not be familiar with every tool for development, but you're a fast learner- you can go from zero to expert in no time flat.
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached,
- Coffeescript, jQuery, Bootstrap, React.js (Good to have) or any MVC framework
You Should Have
- Ambition to make things awesome, not just good enough.
- 5+ years of experience in Ruby/Rails (for the Back-end position), extensive experience in web development in general and more languages as a bonus
- Prior experience with test-driven development methodologies - used extensively for all products/projects
- Gained good knowledge of working with APIs and performance optimisation
- Value test-driven development, intelligent software design techniques and clean and clear coding style
- Have excellent communication skills.
Good to Have
- Participation in open source projects
- Actively involved in solving problems on Github, Stackoverflow.com and groups
- Passionate about blogging technical stuff
- Experience in AngularJS, ReactJS or any other MVC framework is a plus
- Prior experience in the Financial industry a plus!
What you get
- Competitive salary with motivating performance bonus
- You will be working directly with product owners based out in US.
- You will make a big impact on our product, specification and decision making
- Opportunity to work with big team of committed, talented people with a great sense of humor
So, if you have 5+ years of experience developing applications with Ruby on Rails, apply today!
We will love to talk! Please submit
- Your complete application with salary expectations
- Your GitHub ID
"Say Hello" and leave us your CV here.